Happy Hour. Often times, it’s the best hour (or more) of the work day. Periodically used as a business opportunity to talk shop, happy hour can also be a fun way for employees to come together and vent, er… discuss the productivity of their work day. Or- sometimes it’s just about a great deal on drink specials and appetizers. Whatever the occasion, we love us some happy hours!
Our Happy Hour runs from 5-6:30 on weekdays. Featuring 1/2 Price Wines & 1/2 Price Appetizers. Hint: we’re known for our awesome oysters!
According to Wikipedia, The idea of drinking before dinner has its roots in the Prohibition era. When the 18th Amendment and the Volstead Act were passed banning alcohol consumption, people would host “cocktail hours”, also known as “happy hours”, at a speakeasy before eating at restaurants where alcohol could not be served. Cocktail lounges continued the trend of drinking before dinner.
As promised, here are 10 of our favorite happy hour quotes:
- “To good eating belongs good drinking.”
— German Proverb
- “Don’t trust a brilliant idea unless it survives the hangover.”
— Jimmy Breslin
- “Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.”
— W.C. Fields
- “Scientists announced that they have located the gene for alcoholism. Scientists say they found it at a party, talking way too loudly.”
— Conan O’Brien
- “Can’t we just get rid of wine lists? Do we really have to be reminded every time we go out to a nice restaurant that we have no idea what we are doing? Why don’t they just give us a trigonometry quiz with the menu?”
— Jerry Seinfeld
- “Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver.”
— Jack Handey
- “I exercise self-control and never touch a beverage stronger than gin before breakfast.”
— W. C. Fields
- “A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history—with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.”
— Mitch Ratliffe
- “I drink to make other people more interesting.”
— Ernest Hemingway
- “I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it.”
— Rodney Dangerfield